The day is finally here! Calgary International Beerfest begins today with a sneak peak event at the Libertine Public House. I can’t wait to go grab a few tastes of my favourite beverage tomorrow at the main event in the BMO Centre. With 250,00 sq feet of vendors and over 500 local and international craft beers I’m going to be a busy girl!
Summer is coming and what better way to find a couple new patio beers then by trying them at Beerfest? Buy a whole stack of sample coupons and try them all, just remember to take notes or you won’t remember a thing in the morning. One way I remember is to either swipe a coaster at the sample booth OR take a photo of the beer label with my camera. That way you’ll never be left wondering what the name of that wonderful unfiltered IPA was….
Trying new beers isn’t the only great activity at Calgary International Beerfest! You can also:
- Get an MBA (Master of Beer Appreciation) at Beer University run featuring Grainswest Magazine, CAMRA Alberta, Alberta Wheat, Hops Canada, and Olds College. Discover the history of beer, beer styles, what goes into beer and how beer is made all from the beer brainchildren of the local industries. Presented by ATB Financial
- Attend a Brewmaster Seminar hosted by Craft Beer Market (seminars are two tokens each and free for Beer Geek VIPs
- Attend a Cooking with Beer Seminar hosted by Rickard’s. Learn from Calgary’s top chefs as they share industry secrets and teach you the finer points of beer pairings in a fun and friendly environment. Plus, you get to try the tasty samples that are prepared right in front of you.
- Sample food from over 40 of Calgary’s best restaurants
- Vote for your favourite brew to win a People’s Choice Award
Whew! All that and an authentic German Oompah Band…
Event Dates and Times
Friday May 1st: Beer Geek VIP 3pm to 10pm – General Admission 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, May 2nd: Beer Geek VIP 1pm to 9pm – General Admission 2pm to 9pm
BMO Centre on Stampede Park
Tickets available at all Brewsters, Sobeys Liquor, and Sobeys Grocery stores, as well as online at Alberta Beer Festivals.
OR you can win a pair of passes from me! Comment below to be entered in a random prize draw. You must be 18+ to attend.